What really inspired me to come to Italy was the Physician Observation program facilitated by Dr. Merrick. My first shadowing experience in surgery was yesterday and I could not hold in my excitement! We we’re greeted by the lead Urologist of the surgery at Careggi teaching Hospital in Florence, Italy. Once in the operating room, the staff seemed to move so swiftly and calm, it was second nature to them and to me it was a whole new world. Through the first incision to each clamp, the hours seemed to pass without my notice. The surgeon explained every step and allowed us to ask questions. Through rotations in various surgeries I was very enlightened to something that could possibly be my future.
- Las Ramblas, I’ll meet you, we’ll dance around La Sagrada Familia
- Food Culture in Italy
- Italian Perspective on Mental Health Illness and Treatment
- Palazzo Vecchio and the Fierce Florentines
- What They Don’t Tell You About Public Transportation.
- Week 8: Japanese Doll’s Day, Food and More
- Día de la Mujer
- Week 7: A Week of a couple ‘Firsts’
- My Visit to London and Other Things
- How My Host Mom Is Changing MY LIFE.