I had the most awesome experience! I just don’t know where to begin! We traveled to Taian to Mount Tai Shan. Mt. Tai Shan is considered one the the five Great Mountains of China. It has an elevation of over 5,000 feet and is a Daoist worship and holy site. Daoist deities are honored and given sacrifices here on this mountain. Emperors have worshiped on Mt Tai Shan for over 3,000 years. The Dai Miao Temple on top of Mt Tai Shan was built in 206 BC. The morning we arrived, we tackled the South Gate to Heaven which is an ancient stone stairway to the gods. The stairs were hidden by a thick fog. We were unable to see the top and in retrospect this was probably a good thing. We climbed over 7,000 stone stairs to reach our final destination. The view was spectacular! The steep hike took about an hour and a half to make. Boy, we were tired and extremely out of breath, but we did it! We marveled at the beautiful scenery, waterfall and vegetation along the way. We spent the night on top of the mountain and awoke at 5 am to witness the most incredible sunrise I have ever seen! We actual stood above the clouds in awe. I can not even begin to explain the beauty we witnessed as we watched the sun rise above the clouds to welcome a new day. I now understand why this place is considered so holy. The divine spiritual energy is incredible!
- Thriving in the Land of Prayers and Snakes – Things I Wish I Had Known Going Into India
- Back To Tampa…
- A Reflection on my Seoul Experience
- India ISM 2017 – Academic Learning
- India ISM 2017: Reflection on India
- Things I Noticed While Teaching In Costa Rica
- My Costa Rican Summer Homestay Experience
- Essentials For Traveling In Costa Rica
- Preparing For Takeoff
- Reflection on My Experience!